The Society for Clinical Trials established the title of “Fellow of the Society for Clinical Trials (FSCT)” in 2005 to honor Society members who have made significant contributions to the advancement of clinical trials and to the Society. This title is granted to a number of Society members each year at the Annual Meeting.
Nominations for the Class of 2019 are currently being accepted. Any member of the Society may nominate a candidate, and Fellows are encouraged to nominate candidates. Complete nomination packets are due by January 7, 2019.
Who May be Nominated
Candidates must have been an SCT member for at least five of the last 10 years or for a total of at least 10 years. Each nominee will be evaluated by the SCT Fellows Committee on the basis of contributions to the advancement of clinical trials in one or more of the following areas:
- Methodologic development
- Trials coordination, conduct, or leadership of individual clinical trials
- Information technology, data management, or data quality
- Promotion of a better understanding by the general public of the importance of randomized clinical trials
- Service to the Society
How to Submit a Nomination
If you know someone who meets these qualifications and is deserving of this particular Society honor, please follow this three-part process:
- Check with the SCT office at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the eligibility of your intended nominee.
- Prepare a Nomination Packet by the January 7 deadline. The nomination package should include:
o Candidate’s current curriculum vitae (CV)
o Three or more letters of support from individuals qualified to describe the candidate’s contributions.
n Note: At least two of the letters should be from individuals at an institution, agency, or organization other than that of the candidate.
- To submit a new candidate's nomination packet, please click here.
Please note that the nominator may request the candidate to provide a current CV, however it is the nominator's (not the nominee's) role to request the letters of recommendation and to prepare a cover letter (if they are not one of the authors of one of the letters of recommendation to document meeting the criteria).
Nomination packets will be reviewed and selected Fellows will be notified in February 2019. The Class of 2019 Fellows will be announced and honored at the SCT 40th Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA, USA.